Act as an expert, leading the product engineering covering product& tooling design, supplier simultaneous engineering development and verification, design verification, testing and engineering release and development program management.
A main contributor to the transformation process of the company into an top class automotive interior supplier along the value chain, with its core DNA in PU based material. He/She is the process owner on external interfaces with customers and suppliers and the internal stakeholders like Technical Center and Sales likewise.
- Supports the technical bid evaluation and -coordination to ensures the timely and quality delivery for technical feasible concepts to the project bidding teams.
- On-site and off-site expert communication with customers during the design, pre-acquisition and quotation phase.
- Give active support and guidance to customers styling and engineering department for Ascorium features and solutions and identifies the customers product development milestones in line with the companies’ acquisition activities.
- Acts strongly on internal and external interfaces, to coordinate incoming technical requirements of the customers into technical work packages
- Deeper analysis for the CAS or STO inputs from customers, higher quality feedbacks to customers after reviewing and checking with supervisor. Receive, discuss, clarify and/or analyze customer needs and/or requirements.
- Elaboration and implementation of the concept and preliminary design, if necessary with alternative concepts
- Contributions of innovations with styling trends and new features for new product/business developments.
- Deliver coaching, training and development of the more junior technical talents and cross functions when need.
- Carry out risk and weak point analysis on the product design based on our own process capability.
- Elaboration of design library/templates, also for product maintenance and changes.
- Close communication and new product knowledge transferring from EU to CN.
- Other tasks assigned by Director TCC or GM China.
- Bachelor degree or above in Design/Styling/Mechanics/Engineering/Automation or other related majors;
- 8 years+ working experience in CMF/Design and/or Product Engineering or related in Automotive Industry.
- Background in Chemical Material intensive products/companies and Automotive Interiors are a plus. Related good knowledge of PU material and moulding equipment, process, etc is preferred.
- Analytic thinking, experienced in using problem solving- & creativity techniques. Feeling for technical feasibility and implementation capability from concept to the sample.
- Technical flair in terms of customer-related and future-oriented design solutions.
- Good at 3D and styling design software like 3DsMAX, Solidworks, Maya, Catia and MS Office software (i.e. Word, PPT, Excel)
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment; can work under pressure.
- Business trip in domestic or overseas, short term accreditation in customer side when need.
- Excellent communication skill; Fluent English and Mandarin. Germany, Korean or Japanese language skill would be a plus.